This page houses extra information related to the lecture given on 29th May 2017.
A pdf of the lecture can be found here: Lecture May 29th 2017
How to install R, gstat and to study variograms and kriging can be found in these two short courses –
Geostatistics short course exercises with gstat and R -> webpage from D G Rossiter, Cornell University
Geostatistics gstat R tutorial -> webpage from R project tutorial (Pebesma, 2017)
Kriging example in excel (Grade_body_excel_worksheet):
- Calculate grade values at different locations in the dataset
- Change high and low values. What happens to the data?
Variogram and kriging example in R with gstat (relevant pages here):
- Work through sections 1-4, section 11.2, and section 9.
- Can you reproduce the variogram and kriging prediction as shown in lecture?
- Can you change the settings for kriging map? What happens?
Extra material related to the lecture can be found here:
History of Geostatistics ppt -> webpage from Prof Myers
Variogram Tutorial -> webpage from Golden Software
Basics of Variogram -> webpage from MINES ParisTech
Tutorial guide to variograms and kriging -> webpage to a paper by Oliver and Webster (2014)
Kriging in astronomy -> webpage from Laboratoire d’Astrophysique de l’EPFL, Switzerland
Spatial Model Notes -> webpage from Harvard University
The Future of Geostatistics – MPS -> webpage to Review paper by Mariethoz and Lefebvre (2014)